Social media is the best platform to use in promoting your brand. By creating the need for your product, you will not only gain more visitors but increase customers and profits as well.
You can start by creating a new idea or concept, and then promote that concept on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and other social media sites.
When you’re done with your brand exposure, create a need and importance for your product compare with others. In other words, you need to send an “I need that” or “I could use that” message to customers – and what better place to do than in social media sites, right?
How to construct a “need” message:
1. Provide pictures of your product and post them to every social media site, giving out the message that this is the newest thing in the market.
2. Post and share links that relate to your product.
Look for steady buyers – This is not really hard if you’re marketing in social network sites, because they have groups that you can join. Each group has a set of likes and interests, so all you have to do is to join a group which has your target market and promote your product on their page.
For example, if you are in the business of selling MMA apparel, you can join MMA groups and then promote your product in their page for all their members to see.
Lead customers to your main site – another useful feature of social media is that it is actually a tool which can be used to lead people to your main site, where a complete list of your products, services and information is stored.
As we all know, people are using social media for various reasons, and I bet your business website won’t get that much visits compared to those of social network sites. So, what you have to do is to take advantage of this feature. Create accounts on all social media sites to maximize exposure.
Always remember that though it is difficult to create customers, you can always lead them to your business and influence them to become one.
So, what to do with each social network site in order to promote and lead customers? Here are some of the most popular social networks and how you can entice customers using them:
1. Facebook – create your very own product fan page. This is one of the most effective and convenient ways to promote your brand. You can upload pictures of your products and attach description on each of them. This is where you can attach links and URLs of your main company website, where they can be directed to later on.
If you have enough resources for your marketing campaign, you can also buy Facebook ads to maximize exposure aside from your fan page. However, make sure to constantly update the content of your fan page. Otherwise visitors might stop checking it out.
2. Twitter – this works hand in hand with your Facebook page. So it would be better to have subscription on both sites. Twitter allows you to tweet if there are any new products coming out of the market. Though it has limited characters for you to use in every post, you can attach links – so interested visitors can go to your main website.
3. Pinterest – create categories for your pictures. And the more pictures the better. If you have lots of pictures of your products or your business, the more customers can get an idea as to what it does or how they can use it.
Try to “pin” related photos from other Pinterest users to your board, in this manner your pictures can then be viewed by their followers, thereby increasing your followers as well.
If that is not enough to persuade them to make a purchase, they can always click the links attached to the short description of the pictures, and they will be directed to your main website.
4. Tumblr – this network works pretty much like Pinterest, where you can share photos and images. However, it doesn’t mean that since you have a Pinterest account, that you don’t have to create a Tumblr profile. For the sake of maximizing promotion and backlinking to your company website, create a profile for this network as well.
These are just some of the things you need to know if you want to attract more customers using social media. In the end, the better your promotion and marketing is, the more customers you’ll have.
Image by FreeDigitalPhotos.net