When running an online business, most of the times you need to use various tools and services such as Hosting, marketing tools…etc. Below is a list of tools that I use in various aspects of my business. Every time I find a new program that I feel is beneficial I will add it to the list below. The list will only contain programs and services that I have used or I know someone that has used them and would rate it extremely highly.
It will be a good idea to bookmark this page, for quick reference to good online tools and services.
p.s Some of the links below are my affiliate schemes, if you are looking to signup, I would be grateful if you would use the links below to sign up. Thank You
- Heart Internet: All of my websites and most of my customer websites are hosted on Heart Internet, they offer a wide range of shared and dedicated hosting solutions, with fantastic support.
- Amazon S3: Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)allows you to upload large files such as Podcasts, Videos, to reduce the bandwidth of your hosting server, you can also use Amson S3 as a backup solution to backup all your business files on a cloud service for you to access anywhere.
- Woo Themes: A wide collection of good easy to use premium themes for your blog.
- DIY Themes: For most of my a blogs I prefer to use the Thesis framework, which is an amazing powerful framework, easy to use and customize, with a great community. Get The Thesis Theme for WordPress today.
- Alrayes Web Solutions: My own design company that will design or customise, websites, logos, or printing graphics.
- DreamsTime: I use DreamsTime to purchase images for websites, and other promotion items.
Backups & Cloud Services
- DropBox : Upload your important files to drop box to access them remotely.
- Google Documents: Backup your work files on Google Documents which works great with Gmail.
- Carbonite: Backup your whole computer remotely using Carbonite, in case disaster stickers, you can retrieve all of your files back.
- Evernote: I use Evenote to backup all my letters invoices, and other documents, as its search facilities allows me to quickly search for what i am looking for, within a letter.
Project and Business Management
- Kashflow: I use KashFlow to manage all my business accounts, for sending invoices and also recording expenses, it’s all web based, so accessible even away from office.
- Capsule CRM: I use Capsule CRM to record all customer details, conversations and meetings. Everything is under one roof, which makes it easier for me to manage. Also intergrates with Kashflow accounting system.High Rise: I use high rise customer management tool in my web solutions business, which works great, with all of its project options, cases, and an online address book.
- Base Camp: For all the projects that we do, in relation to web services, I use Base Camp to manage the whole project, it allows me and my whole team access to see all the details and tasks related to the project.
- EchoSign: I use EchoSign to electronically sign all my documents and contracts, its simple, quick and secure. Allows me to quickly move onto the main work quicker, once the contracts have been signed
- Toggl: I and my team use Toggl to track how much time we have spent per project, also allows us to accurately give a report to our customers.
- oDesk: I use oDesk to quickly hire someone to do certain tasks, such as transcripts, or editing images, and even some admin work.
- Google Keywords: I use Google Keywords to quickly work out which keywords to use for my PPC campaign.
- Market Samurai: One of the best online tools for Keyword research.
Marketing & Email
- AWeber: This is what I use within my business to build my email list, one of the most powerful email marketing tools I have used.
- Gmail Premium: I use Gmail for my email accounts, which I have configured with my domain name, it offers me great 25GB space, and links in with my calendar, docs, and other apps.
- SEO: I use Alrayes SEO specialist to optimise all of my sites, along with my customers.
- Google AdWords : I use PPC at times, when I want to promote something new or looking to launch a new website while the organic rankings come into effect.
Books & Study
- 31 Days to Build A Better Blog: One of the first blogging books I read, which gives the main core fundamentals on establishing a good blog.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets: An in-depth about the core factors of SEO, along with some great tips for internet marketers. A must read for.
- I Can Make You Rich : one the first books I read prior to starting my business, a great self development book, which talks about the important things in your life. Rich doesn’t always mean more money.
- Dragons’ Den: Success from Pitch to Profit: A Great book, awarded “No1 Best Selling Book for Success”, features 6 successful entrepreneur, and their life experience.