Information graphics, or more commonly known as Infographics, are actually graphic representations of information, thought, knowledge and data. These represent different pieces of information, such as maps, signs, education, articles and advertisements.
With the use of Infographics – computer programmers and scientists, statisticians and mathematicians are able to convey messages using pictures and symbols. And it is because of this that Infographics has gained popularity in the field of science and business – thereby enticing more and more people to learn how to use it.
Here are some factors on how to create a successful infographics:
- Creative Design: From the definition itself that it is mainly composed of images and symbol – it can be gleaned that in order to have successful infographics, you will need to make creative graphics. Remember that visualization plays a vital role here – and this is why your project will need to be attractive to the eyes in order to get attention. In other words, make it attractive and simple. Create the “WOW” effect.Simplicity is beautiful, while being too complex will make things hard to understand. Being too simple might also make things boring. Hence, it is necessary to come up with effective visual designs. This is why you should strategically consider the colors, fonts, layouts and graphics that you will be using, because if you don’t – then you probably won’t get any responses from your infographics.
Aside from the color and the images, you will also need to keep the concept of your design aligned with the message that you are conveying. This is in order to make things more relevant, but still interesting.
- Relevant and interesting Data:The most successful infographics are those created with relevant information. The more fresh and interesting data you have in your presentation the more viewers you will have. For example, if your presentation is all about smoking and its risks, no one will focus their attention to the message, because most probably consider it as old news.You also have to keep in mind that one small incorrect detail will discredit the entire presentation. Hence, it is primordial that you proofread and try to find new and reliable sources for relevant information and facts at all times.Create new and clever Presentations Don’t stick with the traditional charts and bars.
- Create a surprising and new concept of visual presentation: Remember that being too familiar is boring. So, try to get out of the box and be creative.If you can try to create a story out of your presentation – then make it more intriguing and mysterious. However, you must avoid using too many words that may confuse the viewer. In other words, you must always make your presentation clear and precise.
- Make a strong point of view: Just like creating relevant information, you will also need to express a strong point of view in the message that you are conveying. You must impress your viewers not only with your visual presentation but with its content as well. Why? Because this is necessary in order to educate and persuade them to believe you. In short, you must have infographics that will have a very distinct design that is able to convey your point of view as clearly as possible.
- Match the location with the subject matter: Find relevant URL’s to host your infographics. Why? Bbecause where you put your infographics is as significant as the infographic itself. After all, you wouldn’t want to put infographics about vitamins and supplements on car or construction sites do you? The same rule applies to infographics – the location where you plan to put your infographics must be related to your presentation’s content. So looking for good places for guest posts to promote your infograph is a good idea.
- Create a Infographics that can be shared: Successful infographics are those that can be shared by individuals. We all know the power of social media, and your posts going viral. Make use of eembed codes, links, badges and Facebook to make sharing simple and easy for everybody. With these, your project will get the necessary visibility that it needs to become even more successful. Also ensuring that your image file is not to heavy to load up in browsers.
What other tips would you recommend to take into consideration when creating an infograph.